You can book the two new punts that the JCR and MCR have just bought through the following links below. After selecting your time slot you will be prompted to enter your name and email address. In the name box please insert your name and CRSID. If the CRSID is missing your booking will be cancelled. The cost of renting is £5 per 2-hour slot for students and members of staff, while the charge for Fellows is £10 per 2-hour slot. The booking slots will be updated every 2 weeks to prevent people to book too many slots in advance.
Book Corpuntle: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b82z8WLe
Book Punty McPuntface: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b82z8nWe
- Treat the punts with respect and care. They are a shared asset of our community.
- There is a limited number of punts (2) and a lot of people in our community so please try to be respectful of others when booking. Please avoid booking more than one session per week and having more than 2 ongoing bookings.
- Return the punt as you would like to find it. Throw away any rubbish, clean up any mess and use the provided sponges to bail out the water.
- Before usage, please check if the punts are damaged. If so, please take a picture and report it to the Admiral of the Punt. If you do damage the punt during use, report it as soon as possible.
- Private punts may not be taken out of the punt pool after dark: the Porters have instructions not to issue keys to the punt store or the quayside for this purpose after dark. Non-Johnians are reminded that the College closes its gates at 10.00 p.m. Anyone failing to observe this regulation may have the right to moor withdraw.
- Max. 6 people can use one punt at the same time.
- The person making the booking must be present at all times during the outing and is responsible for the behaviour of their guests. You are not allowed to make bookings for other persons.
- Punting is possible along the backs of the colleges. If you would like to punt to Grantchester, please get in contact with the Admiral of the Punt for how to do so
- All punt hire is at the hirer’s own risk. The hirer warrants that both themselves and all passengers have sufficient training/expertise (including swimming abilities) for the outing.
- Please be aware that for the May Week period (from Friday 17th June midday to the evening of Wednesday 22nd June 2022 inclusive) the punts cannot be used whilst preparations for / clearing up of the St’John’s May Ball take place. In addition, there may be other interruptions to access during the year for which notice will be given nearer the time.
- If you want to cancel your booking, please email the Admiral of the Punt at least 48 hours in advance. Otherwise, you will be charged on your college bill based on your bookings.
- Multiple failures to adhere to the rules may result in us losing the right to moor at St John’s Quay. So please behave responsibly if you want to keep on enjoying your punting privileges.
- By reserving a slot, and signing it with your CRSid, you automatically confirm that you have understood and agreed to the aforementioned rules.
- Safe punting 🙂
On the day of your booking:
- Go to the Cripps lodge of St. John’s College (https://goo.gl/maps/jvDPkH71X9j4wqjc9)
- Tell a porter that you have a booking under your name for one of the Corpus punts and they will give you the key for the lock.
- Go to the Back Quay (you can ask the porter for directions).
- Go to the docking station for the punt that you booked (they should be in places Z6 and Z7 but check the name of the punt before using)
- Check the punt for any damage before using it. If you spot anything suspicious, please take a picture and send it to the Admiral of the Punt.
- Bring back the punt before the end of your booked time.
- Clean up the punt and bail (remove excess water inside) using the sponge provided.
- Lock the punt and return the key to the porter.
If you have any questions, please email the Admiral of the Punts (Alberto Scarampi for 2021-2022, email@example.com).