At Leckhampton, we even have an awesome swimming pool! It is usually open during the Summer months, although exact dates are weather dependent. Take a look at the video below:
Rules for Use (last updated June 2023)
The design and location of the swimming pool at Leckhampton means that users must be particularly vigilant and take specific precautions when using the pool. The pool has a depth of some 2 metres in the centre and the floor slopes inwards which has a tendency to pull the user towards the deeper area.
In view of the potential danger posed by irresponsible use, the following rules MUST be observed by pool users at all times. Persons failing to follow these rules will be barred from using the facility:
- Entering the pool enclosure and pool is only allowed at advertised times and when a lifeguard is present. The College reserves the right to close the pool at short notice.
- Pool users and their guests must sign in
- All users must follow the instructions of the lifeguards.
- Children MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult when entering the pool enclosure.
- Use of the pool is forbidden during filling/emptying or chemical treatment operations.
- No alcohol, glassware or similar material may be taken into the pool area.
- Diving is strictly forbidden.
- The use of inflatables (apart from recognised swimming aids) is prohibited.
- Users must not run or involve themselves in horseplay (such as dunking, pushing, shouting or throwing objects) in and around the pool.
- Do not use the pool if you have recently eaten or consumed alcohol.
- No food or drinks may be consumed in the pool.
- Signs indicating that the pool is closed must be strictly observed.